Saturday, November 18, 2006

Walking on Broken Glass, Mud and Sangria.

If the success of a party can be determined by the mess created, then last night's was a definitely a good party. After cleaning the flat from broken bottles, fag ends and a bucket filled with urine right next to the toilet we found that the floor has a few cigarette burns and a lingering stickiness you get in bad discos, so that each footstep is accompanied by a faint "squelch".

During the party I made plans to learn to speak italian, to visit some village festival (Kerwa) near Ansbach and to go cycling to remove the hangover. These are the things I can remember agreeing to, and I did actually manage to go cycling today whilst wearing my new "skeleton" jersey and red polka dot "King of the mountains" socks.

It's strange how alcohol can solve major personality deficits. I spend most of my time when sober thinking of how things can go wrong, and why it would be bad or pointless to do something. When drunk, all plans seem like great ideas which can't fail, even plans like "Let's go piss in a bucket".

So if you were here, or weren't here but helped buy a present (one of which deserves its own blog entry and is way too good for just a passing mention), thankyou very much.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

To be fair, you would have to try pretty hard to fail in a plan like "Go piss in a bucket"...

phil said...

You'd be amazed what problems 50% of people have in such an apparently simple task.

Even the other 50% have a less than 100% success rate for the following reasons, although I suppose a complete failure in bucket pissing would be most unusual.

Unknown said...

The mind boggles. I, uh,....nope. I'm speechless.