Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bogestra

I'm still in Bochum and still looking for somewhere to live. My favourite word in Bochum is "Bogestra". It stands for "Bochum-Gelsenkirchener Strassenbahnen" which is the company which runs the trams and buses in Bochum (and in neighbouring Gelsenkirchen), but I think it could be put to good use as a general-purpose swear word.

"Well Bogestra to all that!"

"Would you object if I were to fondle your Bogestras?"

"If you do that again I'll string you up by your Bogestra."

"Bogestra! Bogestra! Feckin' Bogestra."

"If I don't find a room soon I'm going to be totally Bogestra'd"

The great thing about this name is that the Trams are remarkably free of graffiti. I think that this can be linked to the fact that all seats are printed with "Bogestra" scrawled several times into the fabric. What more could any vandal add to that?

I'd best be off, as the internet cafe allows smoking, and had the Bogastra idea of venting the room by opening the skylights to let in some freezing cold air.

No comments: