Sunday, February 11, 2007

Things I've been meaning to write about...

... if I managed to get my computer situation sorted out are

1/ The Kunigunde lime tree in Kasberg
2/ "The physics of the Ether" by Paul Drude
3/ The renaissance of English one-day cricket and the Duckworth-Lewis method of deciding the winner of a rain-affected cricket match.

My problem is thus:

a/ I decided not to surf the internet for private stuff on my work computer.
b/ I decided that it is quite nice not to have a computer with internet in my flat. In the past week I read two-and-a-half books, ate quite well, and kept the flat clean. I fear that I wouldn't have done all of this had I been hooked up.
c/ I can't be bothered to type all of these things in internet cafes which seem to be full of people talking in turkish (Ali! Ali!), playing the "Greatest hits of Roxette as interpreted by the Chipmunks" on their iPod or doing lots of other annoying things.

I think the solution is to try and find a computer at the university which is not in my office but which I can use for blogging purposes (maybe in the library).

No comments: