Saturday, September 29, 2007

Borussia Mönchengladbach 2 - Alemania Aachen 1

Well I got my mobile back. I still don't know whether to thank or curse the guy who took my phone on a round trip from Bochum to Mönchengladbach via Dortmund, but at least he was honest and gave me my phone back, so I probably was a bit harsh in the last post.

After leaving the grotty internet cafe (see post below) I needed to pee. As their toilet was broken, I went into the pub next door. Peeing there cost 50 cents for non-customers, so I ordered a beer. After a few minutes, some Mönchengladbach fans had returned from the stadium and joined me to celebrate their victory. I left and found the guy who had acquired my phone, got it back, and went for another beer to celebrate, inwardly singing

Ohne Handy fahre ich nicht nach Haus, ohne Handy fahre ich nicht nach Haus. [1]


I returned to the pub and bought a round of drinks, and the Mönchengladbach fans said that they would get me home, seeing that a couple of them lived in Essen, which isn't far from Bochum. We drank the way to Düsseldorf, visited a pub next to the station in Düsseldorf (a guy said he knew the landlord, Pedro), and then drank the way to Essen and Bochum. Right now I'm back in Bochum and drunk. Borussia Mönchengladbach are top of the league and aiming for promotion.

[1] Translation: I will not aboard the train to Bochum without my mobile phone.

5 comments:

MarkusPhotoBlog said...

Hi Phil, so I guess you are ready for the next level after dealing with the guy who took your phone. Try the Alitalia hotline. They lost my bag on the flight from Rome to Catania in Sicily - probably it fell of the plane. I'm calling them every 6 hours and the only thing I hear is "No, sir, there is no news, well, sir, you can call later but now please hang the fuch up and leave us alone, sir, it is not my problem that we lost your luggage sir, what do you expect? this is Italy, sir, good bye, sir - CLICK"

Greetings from Sicily, Markus

phil said...

That reminds me of an old joke.

I say, I say, I say, why does the pope always kiss the ground when he lands?

.
.
.
.
.

Well, did you ever try flying Alitalia?

Anyway, Good luck in finding your bag. Did you have anything irreplacable in it?

MarkusPhotoBlog said...

Today arrived but getting it back was basically just an accident at Alitalia. Although I reportet it as lost the were not able to correlate my bag to this report when they stumbled over it and so they just called the number written on the label on my suitcase. Anyway, I'm happy to have back my stuff. ;-)

phil said...

You have completed level two.

I always thought it was a waste of time writing an address and phone number on the suitcase, convinced that the bag had a unique label put on it by the airline before you let it out of sight.

My mum, on the other hand, always insisted on a little hand-written label.

I think that level three involves the french in some way.

MarkusPhotoBlog said...

You may be right. Ask Stuntman D for his travel experience to Japan (via CDG) - compared to that, my little trip to Sicily was almost vacation....