Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lost in Bochum

The only map which I have of Bochum is cheap, small and inaccurate. I came to this conclusion while stood with my bicycle in a muddy field with a muddy dog jumping up my trouser leg. I was looking for the road which, according to my map, connects Prinz-Regent Strasse with Springorumallee. I can report that this road doesn't exist.

While lost, I took a photographs of a partially dismantled railway which, according to my unreliable map, used to connect the east of Bochum to the River Ruhr in the souch via the Opel factory. It made me feel at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

I was wondering if this can be the title of a very big best seller book using your short stories!!!!

"LOST IN BOCHUM"

Best regards from Houston,

Walaa

Anonymous said...

Aglaia says hi, too and thinks this is a very good idea.....

Anonymous said...

"Found in Bochum"
Did it ever occur to you that there are people around who think and feel [almost] the way you do? I mean you are certainly not alone when you say you don't "know what [you're] doing, or even trying to do". There are a lot many others who do. Oh yes they do. IMHO a bit of bitterness can be pruned merely at the thought of being not alone.