Saturday, June 21, 2008

Noughts and Crosses

I am being trained to be a Databank System developer. I don't quite know what this is, or whether I want to be one, but it is better than lying in bed all day. I have been learning to program in C#, and wrote a very nice object-oriented Nought and Crosses program with an omniscient artificial intelligence. Game theorists call this game futile, because it ends up in a draw unless one of the players fucks up. I think that programming it wasn't quite futile, though, as I learnt quite a bit.

Even though I'm learning some useful computer programming things, the most useful thing is re-learning to live. I managed to send two letters yesterday. This used to be easy, but I haven't sent one for ages. I had to find a pen, an envelope, the address, a stamp, the current rate for a letter (still 55 cents), and a postbox. I'd been trying to send it for 10 days, but kept putting it off.

I'm blogging from my flat, and the neighbours are having a loud garden party. I was going to congratulate them on their musical taste (The Wall, Money for Nothing, Spirit in the Sky), but they just started playing Cotton Eye Joe by Rednexx. Now they are on to the Weather Girls (link as seen on b3ta). I know this is going to end as a Schlagerfest. I am going to go out.

No comments: