Saturday, July 05, 2008

Difficulties

My programming course is going well. I am learning the language c# and am having no trouble implementing abstract classes, void functions, public and private variables etc. It all makes sense, and I was surprised to see the difficulties that some people in the course have.

Today came the first really difficult thing: booking an appointment for an exam. I have to ring a number which could connect me to anywhere, speak to whoever answers the phone, and book an appointment for a centre I've never been to. For some reason this fills me with dread. I will do this tomorrow morning.

The other hard thing this week has been doing the washing. The weather is warm but humid and each evening it threatens to rain. Having managed to start the machine and remove the washed clothes, I decided to hang them outside, but it thundered and they got very wet. The next time I think I'll just put the dirty laundry on the dryer, throw a handful of soap flakes over it and wait until it gets washed and dried by mother nature.

(I wrote this about 3 weeks ago)

No comments: