Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Household Tips

Don't store your dirty clothes outside together with onions when it is raining.


Household experts will already know that onion peel is great for dying things, and can probably imagine the results. Why would anyone want to do this? I moved the onions outside a couple of weeks ago as I was worried that some flies might eat them. On Sunday, I had a great time playing football in the rain. When I got in I made a cup of tea and threw the wet stuff on the balcony, right on top of the onions. It's the "out of sight, out of mind, out of the window" approach to a clean flat.

Thinking about it, it's not really a very good approach. At one point in my previous flat I had a cauliflower on the second floor window sill for over a week. I hoped that birds would eat it, or something, but it just went mouldy and started to smell.

I had a tough weekend, as I didn't feel like tidying, washing, or cleaning. I had to have strong words with myself yesterday to remind me that I need to do these things so that I can play football in the rain. I spent this evening cleaning the flat and sorting out the balcony. Things are looking better.

No comments: