Monday, February 23, 2009

Cramp

Of Torpedo Entenhausen's 26 games last year, I took part in 25. Once I came on for the last ten minutes to waste some time, but it felt like an important contribution at the time. The game I missed was due to injury. After playing the last few minutes of a game with cramp, my legs didn't recover. The calf muscles were permanently stiff and a couple of days later I couldn't stretch my legs out. This made walking difficult and painful, so I stayed in bed and got depressed. I got a lift to see the doctor, who told me to take some painkillers, take it easy, and not play football for a while.

I managed to do something similar yesterday. After a week full of doubts and confusion, I came to life on the football pitch. It was only a Sunday kickabout, but I ran around like an idiot, chased every ball, and was in a great mood. As things were going so well, I didn't want to stop. So I kept running until I got cramp. Now walking is slightly painful, especially uphill. I will try to take it easy for a day or two.

No comments: