Saturday, February 07, 2009

Party Girl



I haven't had the pleasure of blogging while drunk for quite a while. I cut back on the old alcohol consumption to stop the cycle of euphoria and desperation. Tonight I agreed to a juggling appearance for the culture office of Bochum university. I did a little 3-ball juggle to Party Girl by Elvis Costello, and it went down very well. This has been one of my forays into perfectionism. I've been trying to cut down on them, and to allow myself little mistakes, but the plan was to juggle perfectly to every beat and lyric of the song.

I know that I can drive myself crazy looking trying to do things perfectly, so I spent the last five minutes before the show convincing myself that it is fine to drop a ball. I picked out two members of the front row to throw the ball back to me if it fell off the stage. I convinced myself that it would be fine to make some mistakes, and that it would be done and finished in 3 minutes and 23 seconds.

It was finished in this time, and I had time to get quite drunk, which is enough for me to load up a picture that is somewhat amusing, but which wouldn't pass my sober blogging threshold. Maybe you can do better in convincing the world to follow your beliefs.

No comments: