Thursday, March 05, 2009

Kickerfreunde 3 - Torpedo Entenhausen 7

I have progressed to player-manager of Torpedo Entenhausen. This week I was only the manager, as I hurt my foot the day before the match. Manager me fined myself a week's wages, which player me felt was rather unfair but financially irrelevant. It's times like this that the days and nights playing Championship Manager '93 don't seem wasted.

I don't like to take too much credit for the victory, but I did persuade everyone to turn up, on time, at the right ground. I also brought along the kit and two balls to warm up with. As I've never classed organization as one of my strength's, I'm quietly pleased with the start to the 2009 season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that the Bank of England have started printing money. It seems to be time to turn paper money into solid assets. I bought all the juggling equipment I need last week, and a new pair of football boots. I could stock up on tinned food. One of the comments below the story suggests buying a wheelbarrow to push your money around in when hyperinflation sets in. It would also be a good way of moving tinned food around. While I wait for financial meltdown I could put it on my balcony and fill it with plants. A wheelbarrow it is then.

No comments: