Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cherry Blossom

Considering that it says in the title of my blog that I will try to cycle and drink the summer away, I have written remarkably little about cycling or drinking. I've been doing quite a bit of both, but in a rather unremarkable 50 km here, one litre there kind of manner, which doesn't really lend itself to writing about.

Well today I went for a very nice bicycle ride in and around "franconian switzerland". Franconian switzerland is a natural park just outside Erlangen, and is quite hilly, but lacks the major mountains (and yodellers and banks and ...) that its name suggests. It was rather windy, but also warm and sunny. And for about 20 minutes between Geschwand and Bieberbach everything came together. I had just eaten a ham and lettuce sandwich, the sun was shining, there were no cars at all, the wind was on my back, and the road was lined with cherry trees, each of which was in full blossom.

No comments: