Thursday, June 15, 2006

Deutschland 1 Polska 0

Germany beat Poland with an injury-time winner this evening. Almost the whole flat here and the flat below turned up in Berto's pub afterwards to celebrate/commiserate. In total we comprised five poles and three germans, plus the odd englishman.

Germany deservedly won the football match, but the Poles remain undefeated when it comes to drinking Vodka. They also won the best chant competition (in my eyes) for "We're going to steal your cars". The Germans seem to be rather chuffed at beating Poland for some reason. This whole business is probably quite important in terms of new europe, and the increasing importance of Germany's neighbours to the east, but I'm drunk and I'm going to go to sleep, so I'll leave that as a point for you to ponder over.

1 comment:

MarkusPhotoBlog said...

I highly recommend to attend the annual folk music festival of Poland in Kazimierz Dolny. Two years ago I had this pleasure and without exaggerating I can claim that it satisfied my desire to hear Polish Volksmusik for about the half life time of Uranium.