Monday, September 18, 2006

Beaurocracy.

I am still not officially unemployed. For this to happen, a certain form must be filled out, certifying that I had a job. This form was posted by the Federal Agency of Work to me. I took it to my workplace, and got a secretary to post it to the central university administration. They sent it to the central administration of government employees in Ansbach, who will hopefully stamp the form and post it back to me, so that I can take it to the Federal Agency of Work.

As an exercise in pointlessness this doesn't beat the invitation I received for my degree ceremony. The letter was written and sent by our group secretary to the exams office, who posted it to my office address. Of course all items for our group members go into the pigeon hole thingy, which is directly next to the secretaries office. After a couple of days and a 5km round trip the letter ended within 2 metres of where it was written.

No comments: