Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ingerland

I've gone back home for a couple of weeks. I will be trying to observe the differences in English and German culture, whilst being fed lots by my mum.

The most striking things about England are the taps. Every time I try to wash my hands using the standard english procedure:

1/ Turn on warm tap.
2/ Work soap into a lather.

(by this point the warm water will be very hot.)

3/ Frantically try to turn on the cold tap using burnt hands.

(this will of course fail as they're covered in soap lather.)

4/ Use the forearms to turn on the cold tap.
5/ Rinse lather off burnt hands with freezing cold water.

by this point several litres of hot and cold water will have washed down the sink, but the blood circulation in your hands will have been optimised, like in a sauna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

have fun at home and give us a call when you're back!

Cheers,
-- Marc