Sunday, August 13, 2006

You're so perfect you don't interest me at all.

I went for a walk today, from DESY through the pretty suburb of Othmarschen, down to the River Elbe, then along the beach to the Museumshafen (literally a harbour museum, this is where several old ships are maintained). Everything is beautiful, green, clean, safe, and friendly, for this is one of the richest suburbs of one of the richest towns in the world. Everything was just like it was the last time I was here, and it will stay this way for a while, too, as it is pretty much perfect the way it is.

I don't know whether it's just the monotonous perfection, or the fact that every cafe and restaurant reminds me of someone I once loved, or the fact that I'm on shift, sat 20m underground doing fuck-all, but I'm feeling down. I wish I was excited by being in a big city, but I've seen all I want to see of Hamburg, and I want to go home.

No comments: