Monday, May 26, 2008

VfL Linden 3 - Torpedo Entenhausen 3

One of the major benefits of being able to touch type is that you can pretend to be the Grandstand vidiprinter. Whenever I post a Torpedo Entenhausen result, I always type the name of the club as quick as I can, and then pause for a second before hitting the number. If you don't know what the Grandstand vidiprinter is, this video may help.



I scored two goals to help Entenhausen grab a point despite lying 2-0 and 3-1 behind. For the first I swung my leg at a mishit shot without looking where I was. The shot caught the goalkeeper wrong-footed and the ball rolled just inside the post. The second was a shot from a narrow angle following a short corner. I still don't quite know how it went in.

Anyway, back to the vidiprinter. Whenever I get bored, I like to type my favourite fantasy results in the vidiprinter style. If you're reading this, my fantasy results probably looks a bit static, so feel free to type your favourite results too. If you haven't learned to touch type yet, now may be the perfect time. Use the following simple format, and don't forget the pauses.

United [mini pause] X - Rovers [longer pause] Y

Forfar 5 - East Fife 4
VfL Linden 3 - Torpedo Entenhausen 4
Sheffield United 0 - Sheffield Wednesday 4

No comments: