Thursday, December 14, 2006

Loss of Reality

Today I just about returned to the real world. I've had a damned annoying cold and decided to basically stay in bed for a week. I stopped reading emails, stopped checking post and prayed that the phone wouldn't ring.

I popped in once to reality to go bowling but spent the rest of the time asleep, or lying in bed or surfing the internet or playing freeciv. An afternoon nap has a great habit of shortening the day by a few hours. The most interesting activity was rereading a few books in a random but on the whole back-to-front order.

This laziness started off as being a fair enough reaction to a bad cold, but now the cold is gone and I'm left lying in bed trying to avoid anything happening. Time has speeded up so that December seems to be going in a flash. Three days are somehow nothing.

Well today I at least took the rubbish out, went to the bank, booked a flight and read my emails, and I'm going to go juggling. It's a start, at least.

No comments: