Monday, December 04, 2006

An Old Film and Bamberg



Well I'm still alive and well, so yesterday I took the RC for a nice trip to Bamberg. She wanted to take some photos, so I got my old camera out of the cupboard. It is a 20th century model which still takes film and I've not used it for a couple of years.

After taking one photo the film was full but I was able to buy a new one from the newsagents at the station. I'm going to go and let the film be developed now, and I don't have a clue what's on it. Probably some holiday with an old girlfriend or something.

What's that, you say that you don't care about an old camera, and want to know what went on in Bamberg? It was a lovely day out, and I got to have liver-dumpling soup, roast pork and smoked beer for lunch, but somehow things seem different to being in a disco, and explaining the tale of Queen Cunigunde and the ploughshares (see picture) was maybe a mistake. The story is that as a test of her virginity and she was forced to walk across a dozen glowing ploughshares, and emerged unscathed. I bet that she'd been round the houses and was probably fucking the blacksmith.

Aye m'Kaiser, them there ploughshares be straight out o' yon fire. Them be black hot ploughshares, so they be. (winks to queen)

No comments: