Thursday, April 27, 2006

Absent-mindedness

The Deutsche Bank knows a lot about me, presumably. Of course they know a lot about all their customers: how much they earn, how much they withdraw for a good night out, how much rent they pay, where they go on holiday and so on. I suppose it is quite unremarkable that a bank knows about my finances, and there is no reason to worry.

The odd thing is that the Deutsche Bank also know very much about my state of mind. In addition to losing two bank cards (could happen to anyone) I managed to forget my PIN (must happen to loads of people) and enter the wrong PIN three times in a row (I knew the numbers were 8-3-6-9, but had forgotten the order, and still have). Twice I took the bank card but left the money, and once I took the money and left the bank card. In fact I thought that I had managed to make every mistake it was possible to make with a bankomat, but today I found a new one: I transferred some money and left the bank card behind. The odd thing is that three hours later I could suddenly remember exactly what I had done and where the card was. In any case the staff took pity on me, opened up the machine and gave me my card back.

Of course they made a note of what I'd done. So in addition to knowing the inside of my wallet, the Deutsche Bank knows quite a lot about the inside of my head.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear valued customer, it has come to our attention, that you are quite scatterbrained. Therefor we would suggest that you have your head NMR'ed at the next convenient point in time. Love, your bank.